KoinWorks is hiring for Legal Manager which will be a second-in-command in the company’s legal division. The primary duty is to assist and work alongside the company’s Chief Legal Officer in collaboratively managing all legal matters and affairs within KoinWorks and its affiliate(s).
- Assisting the company’s Chief Legal Officer as a go-to legal advisor for the board of directors and commissioners including the other c-level management and providing support in managing the company’s internal lawyers.
- Managing and overseeing regulatory compliance of the company’s operation, business initiatives, and products with the relevant laws and regulations and liaising with government authorities namely the Financial Services Authority and Ministry of Communication and Informatics.
- Managing licensing, regulatory approvals, and mandatory reporting to and audit from the relevant authorities in relation to the company’s new or existing products, services or corporate action.
- Providing clear and pragmatic legal advisory on all legal aspects of the company’s operation, products and services, business plans, strategic partnerships, investment structures, transaction, and commercial schemes. Structuring and driving legal strategies aimed to achieve effective technology-based, compliant and cost-efficient day to day business of the company.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, developing and implementing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Providing legal guidance and assistance or mentoring to business units or divisions in the company such as credit, risk, tech, marketing, finance, HR, business development, sales and customer services divisions at KoinWorks and its affiliate(s).
- Drafting and reviewing legal and transactional documents to be used or entered into by and between KoinWorks and its counterparties, business partners, consumers and/or investors.
- Actively assisting the Chief Legal Officer in contributing to public policy-making process and regulations drafting as may be mandated by the government from time to time including advising the relevant government and/or association on existing or potential legal risks and issues and providing practical solutions to address the concerns and solve the problems.
- Carrying out extensive government relation duty with the highest standard of integrity while at the same time maximizing intellectual capital to build a good relationship with government officials.
- Managing external counsels, notaries, and other external legal service providers.
- Assisting the Chief Legal Officer in advising on and managing the resolution of disputes, litigation and regulatory matters including intellectual property matters and employment issues affecting the business.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree majoring in Business Law from reputable universities with minimum GPA 3.20.
- Candidate must specialize in the capital market and banking & finance with 4-5 years of professional experience from prominent corporate law firms or international banks with intensive exposure to high-profile and complex capital market projects, M&A and banking and finance deals (corporate, retail and/or project finance).
- Proven practical experience in practice areas such as capital market, M&A, banking and finance with a track record in dealing with multifaceted capital market projects, advising on strategic investment and business ventures and negotiating, structuring and closing major transactions and highly complex deals.
- Very strong and in-depth theoretical knowledge of both basic Indonesian laws such as the Indonesian Civil Code, Company Law, collateral laws and capital market regulations with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent legal drafting and writing skills with outstanding proficiency in English (writing, speaking and listening) – it is a MUST
- Passionate in the field of financial technology especially peer-to-peer lending.
- Candidates with prior participation in international moot court competitions in law school are highly preferred and prioritized. We need a brilliant, hardworking and analytical one.
If you think the above sounds fascinating, don’t hesitate to apply us. Our team will get back to you at soonest.